Everyone likes crossword puzzles!
Well, at least most of the people we know do! So, we created some crossword puzzles that we hope will be challenging and enjoyable. Some of you may find them frustrating! If so, then we failed our purpose and need to come up with new ones that are more challenging or easier to understand. But, we won't know unless you tell us!
Create a Crossword Puzzle
Another possibility is for you to make up your own crossword puzzle challenge. Send it to us and we'll create the online puzzle page (of course, you will get the full credit). Once it's online, challenge your family and friends to do your crossword puzzle.
1. The number of crossword items should be 20 to 50.
2. The crossword subject should relate to Bay County.
3. Your crossword should have a theme, i.e., community, group, schools, etc.
4. Clues for your crossword should be brief and when possible informative -- keeping with our purpose of learning while we have fun.
5. Submit your crossword by email with a separate line for each word plus clue. This will allow us to block copy the information for inserting into a puzzle.
6. Have fun -- but help us learn!
Choose Your Crossword Challenge!
The world's first crossword puzzle was created in 1913 by Arthur Wynne. It was published in the US on December 21, 1913 appearing on the "Fun" page of the "New York World". Wynne's intent was to use it as a page space filler. He had no idea that it would beome so popular. The idea came from a puzzle he had seen once in the "London Graphic". -- Want to try the first crossword puzzle?
Go to First Crossword Puzzle.